Thursday, March 29, 2007

Exercise #19: Library Thing


For years I use to keep a battered little notebook with titles of books I had read and what they meant to me at the time. I stopped cataloging years ago but always felt a pang of guilt knowing that the last book I read wouldn't be included in "the list." The insignificantly odiferous titles never made it anyway. Library Thing is giving me the insane desire to transfer yet more data into an online existence so I can refer back to all of those titles that formulate the basis of who I am through what I read (and have read). Thank God I am not tempted to do this with music other than a simple iTunes collection. Library Thing is a fun tool, functional in many ways for libraries and literacy advocacy and just pretty cool all around. My books are not the most popular in anybody's collection, but they all kick ass. How's that for a recommendation?

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

You've made some interesting selections!