Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Exercise # 9: library blogs and newsfeeds

This post could be an almost identical sentiment as the previous on RSS in that the potential for locating blogs, feeds, etc. is tremendous and seemingly unlimited. Came across plenty of library/librarian oriented blogs and feeds, but nothing that merits mentioning here and now. In terms of search tools I tended to prefer Technorati and Feedster because they allow you to tailor your searches a bit more specifically and Topix.net I liked for the sheer volume of news related possibilities. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood or exhausted by then, but Syndic8 just seemed like alot of open source confusion that I would not be inclined to investigate unless given a very good reason or lots of money. I'll keep looking for unusual and worthwhile stuff, but the unuseful and uninteresting are rampant and dominating the frontier.

No comments: